As many of you know, we love to travel. We had the pleasure of spending time in Vieques and the Virgin Islands earlier this year and fell in love with this tiny little part of the US.
We were heartbroken when we saw images and reports showing the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma in the Caribbean and decided right away that we needed to do something to help. Then Hurricane Maria came through with even more destruction.
The top two images were taken in the USVI earlier this year. When you purchase one (or more) of these photos, or any other photos on this site, we'll donate all proceeds to local organizations that are directly involved with the rescue, support and rebuilding of the St. John, Vieques and other islands' communities.*
In addition, for every $100 you spend, your name will be entered in a raffle to win a photoshoot.** So tell your friends (or stock up on some holiday gifts) and increase your chances to win.
11x14 metallic print with mounting bracket: $125
8x10 matted print: $40
email email@example.com to place your order!
Sunrise over St. John St. John from the Water
Please share, buy, donate whatever you can. Every little bit counts. Together, we can make a difference.
Will & Joanna
* The Red Cross has stated that they are focusing on Florida and Texas and will not be supporting the USVI so help from other organizations and private donations are critical. We will be sending all proceeds (minus printing & shipping) to groups that have minimal administrative costs and are passing virtually 100% of the money raised directly to rescue, food/water/shelter, communications and clean up projects. These are some of the contenders:
- A go fund me page supported by The Longboard, a local restaurant that has been feeding as many people as they can post-hurricane: https://www.gofundme.com/stjohnrelief
- An organization recommended by a friend of a friend that lives on the island and is already on location helping out: http://www.stjohnrescue.com
- The newest organization to come online, supporting Vieques which has had virtually no media coverage: https://www.gofundme.com/viequeslove
- Our friend Patrick, a charter boat Captain based in St. Thomas is single handedly gathering supplies and delivering them to Islands: https://www.youcaring.com/fruendsandfamilieseffectedbyirmaandmaria
- Kenny Chesney... Not a fan of his music, but becoming a fan of him as a person... he has a home on St. John and said he will not rebuild his own house until he is able to significantly help the residents of the island: https://kennychesney.com/news/448917/hurricaneirmamessage
- Other celebrity funded (they're covering the overhead costs so all donations can go directly to help on the ground: https://www.youcaring.com/voicesforpuertorico-959323 and https://www.virgin.com/unite/
** Photoshoot details: up to 1 hour of shooting in the Boston area and 12 edited digital images.